Corporate Team Tennis (Co-ed)
Spring 2018 Corporate Team Tennis Details
- Registration opens: Friday, February 23, 2018
- Registration fee: $300.00 per team (maximum of 12 players)
- Deadline to form a team: Friday, March 16, 2018
- New Captains' Meeting: TBD
- Space is limited...so call or email Charlie or Cissy to reserve your team a spot! Don't miss out!
- Let us know if you need help forming a team!
- Click here for a printable (pdf) Corporate Team Tennis Roster/Application.
- League play: Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m., April 4, 11, 18 and May 9, 16, 23, 2018 (skip two weeks (04/25 & 05/02) due to Adult/Junior Banana Open play)
- Awards Celebration for ALL players: May 23, 2018 (last night of play)
What is Corporate Team Tennis?
- A program that offers employees an opportunity to play organized tennis matches in a fun, team building atmosphere.
- Emphasis on fun, fitness and the social benefits of tennis.
- Playing tennis with co-workers in a team setting.
- Offers great networking opportunities.
- Co-ed format allows participation by all employees.
- Great Springtime recreational outlet for employees who don't want to run around the bases or knock down 10 pins with a heavy ball!
Team Format and Schedule
- Corporate Team Tennis has its own unique format. See scoring and format.
- A team requires a minimum of four players (2 men, 2 women) and can have up to 12 players on the roster. A minimum of six players is recommended.
- 50% of rostered players must be affiliated with the corporation. "Affiliated" is defined as an employee of the corporation or a family member of the employee. Players must be 21 years or older.
- Six week season. All matches will be on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. Matches canceled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled. The make-up date will be announced at the time any cancellation is announced.
Levels of Play
- All skill levels participate! From beginner to advanced, there's a division for your company's team!
- Players' individual NTRP ratings will be averaged to determine the team's division of play.
- Players who do not have a current NTRP rating may self-rate in order to participate.
- Divisions will be based on team ratings and each division will consist of 4 teams.
- Winners in each division receive a corporate trophy.
- There is no state championship for Corporate Team Tennis; local play only.
- Entry fee is $300 per TEAM.
- Individual USTA memberships are required. Individuals may join the USTA at www.usta.com or call 1-800-990-8782.
- Tennis balls, court fees and refreshments will be provided for each team match.
- Request team roster applications by calling CORTA at 706-317-4136 or by E-mail at email@example.com.
- Submit a completed team roster application along with a $300 check (payable to CORTA) to CORTA, P.O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908. The number of teams is limited. Sign up today!
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, contact Charlie Clippinger or Cissy Sanders.
Stats and Standings