Corporate Team Tennis (Co-ed)
CORPORATE TEAM TENNIS
Registration opens: Friday, Feb. 22nd
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Spring 2019 Corporate Team Tennis Details
- Registration opens: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Registration fee: $300.00 per team (maximum of 12 players)
- Deadline to form a team: Friday, March 15, 2019
- New Captains' Meeting: TBD
- Space is limited...so call or email Janell to reserve your team a spot! Don't miss out!
- Let us know if you need help forming a team!
- Click here for a printable (pdf) Corporate Team Tennis Roster/Application.
- League play: Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m., April 3, 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8.
- Awards Celebration for ALL players: May 8, 2019 (last night of play)
What is Corporate Team Tennis?
- A program that offers employees an opportunity to play organized tennis matches in a fun, team building atmosphere.
- Emphasis on fun, fitness and the social benefits of tennis.
- Playing tennis with co-workers in a team setting.
- Offers great networking opportunities.
- Co-ed format allows participation by all employees.
- Great Springtime recreational outlet for employees who don't want to run around the bases or knock down 10 pins with a heavy ball!
Team Format and Schedule
- Corporate Team Tennis has its own unique format. See scoring and format.
- A team requires a minimum of four players (2 men, 2 women) and can have up to 12 players on the roster. A minimum of six players is recommended.
- 50% of rostered players must be affiliated with the corporation. "Affiliated" is defined as an employee of the corporation or a family member of the employee. Players must be 21 years or older.
- Six week season. All matches will be on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Cooper Creek Tennis Center. Matches canceled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled. The make-up date will be announced at the time any cancellation is announced.
Levels of Play
- All skill levels participate! From beginner to advanced, there's a division for your company's team!
- Players' individual NTRP ratings will be averaged to determine the team's division of play.
- Players who do not have a current NTRP rating may self-rate in order to participate.
- Divisions will be based on team ratings and each division will consist of 4 teams.
- Winners in each division receive a corporate trophy.
- There is no state championship for Corporate Team Tennis; local play only.
- Entry fee is $300 per TEAM.
- Individual USTA memberships are required. Individuals may join the USTA at www.usta.com or call 1-800-990-8782.
- Tennis balls, court fees and refreshments will be provided for each team match.
- Request team roster applications by calling CORTA at 706-317-4136 or by E-mail at email@example.com.
- Submit a completed team roster application along with a $300 check (payable to CORTA) to CORTA, P.O. Box 8236, Columbus, GA 31908. The number of teams is limited. Sign up today!
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stats and Standings