Mixed Doubles (18 & Over/40 & Over)
USTA League Mixed Doubles is similar to USTA League Tennis in that it offers competitive league tennis play at the local level, with teams advancing to state, sectional and national championships. The USTA League Tennis Mixed Doubles program allows Adult 18 & Over players (Ages 18+) and Adult 40 & Over players (Ages 40+) of different NTRP levels to play together, encouraging participants to play with their friends, family and co-workers. The levels offered are 5.0 thru 9.0. Men and Women combine their NTRP rating to play on either 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 or 9.0 teams. (Example: a 3.5 man and a 3.5 woman would play 7.0 or a 3.0 man, a 4.0 woman could play 7.0, etc.). The 5.0 level, however, is a straight 2.5 level and players may not combine their ratings. (i.e., a 2.0 player and a 3.0 player may not play together.) Players who do not have a current computer rating may self-rate in order to participate. A team match consists of three doubles matches.
Each team roster must have a minimum of three possible pairings whose NTRP rating is equal to the level of the mixed team. (e.g. for a 6.0 mixed team at least three partners must be combined as the following: 3.0M/3.0W, 3.5M/2.5W, 3.5W/2.5M)
Both winter (December to January) and summer (June to August) seasons are played for local competition. League matches are scheduled at various tennis centers and clubs in the area. There is a $29.00 registration fee ($24 league fee, $2 USTA Georgia League fee, $3 TennisLink user fee) per season and a USTA membership is required.
Winter 2018 (18 & Over/40 & Over) Mixed Doubles
- Registration fee: $29.00 ($24 league fee, $2 USTA Georgia League fee, $3 TennisLink user fee)
- Registration opens: Monday, October 15, 2018 Click here to create a team online.
- Register here! (Players can be added to teams throughout the season.)
- League play: November 26, 2018 - January 10, 2019
- Matches Scheduled:
- 18 & Over: Monday, Wednesday @ (6:30p.m.), Saturdays @ TBD
- 40 & Over: Tuesday, Thursday @ (6:30p.m.), Sundays @ TBD
- Additional days may be scheduled if needed
- Are you looking for a team? Let us know!
- Do you need players for your team? Let us know!
- Deadline to form a team: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Ball pickup: Tuesday November 20, 2018
- Drop deadline: Friday December 28, 2018
- District Championships: website - www.mixed.ustageorgia.com
- August 9-12 - Valdosta, GA
- Section Championships: website - www.southernmixed.com
- National Championships: TBA
Click to view:
For more information contact Cissy Sanders or Charlie Clippinger.
Stats and Standings