CORTA and the Academy coaching staff are excited about the continued success of all the Academies. We are committed to maintaining a personalized small scale program geared to the development of the junior player. It is our goal to provide players of ALL levels the instruction and systematic progression that will allow them to progress from the beginner level all the way to the elite level. Our mission is to create a local junior tennis community, dedicated to developing players to their fullest potential in tennis, academics, and character. A solid foundation of technique will facilitate the growth of all participants.
The Red Ball Challenge is a program designed as an introduction to competition for players 8&U and focuses on team play, parent info and character development.
**Note: Placement in the Academies will be made by the Academy Instructors.
Program Information and Policies.
RED BALL ACADEMY (Ages 7-9)
This academy is for the younger players. It's centered around the Net Generation curriculum established by USTA and SHAPE America. In this academy, the player will learn the fundamentals of the game and match play through fun and different techniques. They will continue to use the red ball and work on a 36" court which is developmental appropriate for their age. It is important that they have taken 2 Beginners Clinics and be recommended by an instructor before starting the Academy. Sign up online today at corta.org!
CORTA Pre-CATS Academy (Ages 9-18)
This program is the next progression from the CORTA Jr. Beginner Clinics for ages 9- 18. The emphasis continues to be on basic fundamentals, stroke production, footwork, serve, game scoring and rules. This will encourage beginning match play in the Jr. Team Tennis leagues. Players will have drills combined with supervised match play. This will prepare the player for the CATS Academy. Advancement to the CATS Academy will be determined by instructors.
CORTA CATS Academy (Ages 8 and up)
This program takes their skills to a higher level with emphasis basics as well as match strategy and to prepare the player for tournaments and USTA Jr. Team Tennis. This program will run in a tournament training format, in which players will compete in fast-paced and challenging situations that will bring out their best in how to construct points and find ways to win!
- Class limit: 8 players per level.
- Instructors place players in the correct level.
- All rain outs will be made up on Friday's at 4:30 of the same week. Failure to attend on Friday will result in a loss of that day.
- Payment must be made at the start of the first class.
- No pro-rated classes.
- Strength training and conditioning will be included in the Pre CATS/ CATS Academy.
- Player development
- Positive attitude
- Grace in winning and losing
Emphasis for Pre-CATS & CATS will be placed on the following:
- Shot selection
- Mental toughness
- Match play experience
- Individually designed game plan
- Intense on court training
- Physical conditioning
- Core stability
- Solid foundation of technique and tactics
- Concentrated drill sessions with low student to court ratio
- Critiqued match play and strategy
- Required ladder matches to determine placement in levels
- On court conditioning with a personal trainer, focusing on strength, agility, and quickness
- Workouts with a personal trainer to develop strength and power
- Grouping by ability, ages, and personal player goals
For more information on the Junior Academy, contact Hanane Toumi or Julie@corta.org